Work Search Recruitment
- Full Time
A Search Agent/Administrator is required by our client in Huddersfield. The main part of this role is to undertake local searches on behalf of property buyers by obtaining the relevant information from the local authorities. You will be responsible for retrieving and collating information for the production of search reports. Reports should be compiled accurately, timely and in adherence to current standards and procedures.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Be able to establish a good rapport with council departments to enable access/querying of data in a timely and positive manner.
- Understand the entries reported in Land Charges registers, their relevance to CON29 questions and the ability to recognise where further enquiries are necessary.
- Understand the questions contained within the standard enquiries form (including optional enquiries) and from which department at the local authority to obtain the information from to answer the questions.
- Excellent eye for detail and a methodical worker to ensure all relevant information is extracted and reported accurately and any discrepancies between departmental information are spotted and questioned.
- Good planning and organisational skills to ensure appointments at local authorities and administration time is well planned to make best use of resource and ensure turnaround of searches within required timescales.
- Good communication skills to ensure colleagues are up to date with the progress of searches and relationships with local authorities maintained.
- Teamwork – must be able to work with others to ensure, where required, work is moved around to improve efficiency.
- Obtain the information required to produce the search report.
- Accurately produce the search report with the information retrieved.
- Carry out all local searches within a reasonable timeframe.
- Investigate and respond to e-mails, faxes and letters from clients with queries about searches.
- Attend training sessions to maintain up-to-date knowledge of procedures or requirements of PCCB (Property Codes Compliance Board).
Please note you must have a full driving licence and use of your own vehicle – mileage/expenses are refunded on a monthly basis. You will be required to visit local authority offices along the M62 corridor.
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.00pm
Salary: Up to £24,000 depending on experience/skills.
Reference: WS 251